About Us

Since 2009, EIV has placed some of the best teaching professionals into leading corporates enterprises, international schools, English centers, major universities as well as individual clients throughout the nation…

From our branches in Ha Noi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City, our expert teams have created bridges between teachers looking for teaching job in Vietnam and organizations/ individuals finding qualified candidates. This has established us one of Vietnam’s premier teaching agencies.

EIV Branches

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What type of visa do I need to enter and work in Vietnam?

If you are hired overseas by EIV, we will issue a visa on arrival letter for you before you depart. Initially this fee has to be paid by cash on arrival and will be reimbursed to you when you have signed your contract. In order to obtain a working visa (DN code) you must be sponsored by an employer. A DN visa is the type which is required to legally work within Vietnam. EIV will assist with the process to make your arrival as stress free as possible.

Do I need a work permit to work in Vietnam?

Yes. Vietnamese law requires all foreign workers to have a valid work permit to be eligible to work within the country. Language Link will assist with the work permit process and will give you a comprehensive list of instructions so you know what you need to bring with you to Vietnam. Although there are people working in Vietnam without a work permit, if they are caught they will be fined, made to leave the country and possibly be placed on a visa blacklist to stop your re-entry

Which documents do I need for a work permit?

To obtain a Vietnamese work permit you must:

  • Hold a valid certificate in teaching English as a foreign language (CELTA/TEFL/TESOL). This must be notarized, authenticated and legalised. Some may also need to be translated. It is cheaper and easier to have these steps done before you arrive in Vietnam
  • A minimum of a BA degree (3-4 years). This can be in any field of study.
  • A clean police background check (valid within 6 months of your work permit application date)
  • A health check (This is done in Vietnam and Language Link will send you to our preferred provider). This is a simple health check which tests blood, urine, eye sight, teeth, hearing, an ECG and a chest x-ray. Health checks from outside Vietnam are not valid
  • 2 passport photos 4x6cm in size on a white background (no smiling, no glasses and wearing formal clothes). These can also be done within Vietnam
  • A certified true copy of your passport (this can be done within Vietnam)
How do part-time and full-time positions differ?

The working hours are in the evenings and weekends and a full-time contract is 78 hours per month, while the part-time position is more flexible and generally teachers would teach around 10-14 hours per week. As well, while with a full-time contract, the salary will be paid in a package with other benefits such as PTI, re-signing bonus, completion bonus, etc., part-time teachers will be hourly paid.

Will I be paid for during my probationary period?

Yes, you will receive full hourly payment during your probationary period

How long is the contract?

The contracts for our Schools Link programme run for 9 months during the academic year. This gives you time off during the summer to explore this amazing country, or perhaps take on extra classes in different divisions of Language link. For teachers working at our Public Centres the contract is 12 months.

How big are the class sizes?

Classes can vary from single students (corporate) all the way to a maximum of 25 (Schools Link and Public Centres).

What is a typical schedule?

A typical schedule varies depending on which area of EIV you work at. For our Schools Link programme the hours are Monday to Friday daytime and average between 70-100 hours a month for a full-time teacher. For teachers working at the Public Centres the schedule will be mainly evenings and weekends. Hours vary according to the type of contract signed, either Full-time or part-time).

Can I work in Vietnam without an undergraduate degree or college diploma?

Unfortunately not. Vietnamese law requires all foreign teachers to obtain a work permit and this cannot be done without a bachelor degree or higher qualification (Masters degrees or PhD’s are also accepted). You must have the original certificate or a correctly authenticated copy.